How to Cultivate the Habit of Being Grateful Daily
Thanksgiving week is here, and it means it is time to start practicing gratitude daily. We are supposed to count our blessings every day, and November is a perfect time for cultivating this very healthy new habit.
Gratitude is the perfect attitude; it reduces stress and anxiety, makes us feel happier and more and peace.
Here are some suggestions on how to develop the habit of being grateful and counting blessings on a regular basis.
1. Use one of the affirmations as a walking mantra. For example: ‘I am thankful’, ‘I am grateful today’, etc.
2. Put one of the free Gratitude Prints on your wall in the bedroom , kitchen, office, etc. as a reminder to count your blessings.
3. Start your day with a gratitude counting what you are grateful for at the moment.
4. End your day with gratitude, counting your blessings of the day.
5. Pick some of the quotes below, make notes and keep them on your desk.
6. Use any excuse to be grateful:
you don’t have a headache today- be thankful;
it is sunny outside…
it is raining but you are feeling ok…..
it cold but you love in a warm house…
your back is much better….
I hope you got the message.
It is not difficult to be thankful, it is all about our attitude and intentions….
Breathe, smile and be thankful,
Irina Wardas, fine art photographer, talk radio host and women’s health coach